RimeTimer

Monday, October 30, 2006

Curling up with a Good Audio-book: A Rap of Discontent

It was finally over--Learning 2.0.
I’d learned some stuff, and I was good to go.
I’d logged and blogged and wikied and tagged,
Del.icio.us, Technorati, and YouTube were all bagged.

I was ready for some fun without so much taxation,
So I turned to my favorite form of relaxation.
I went to NetLibrary and I started to look
For an exciting thriller in an audiobook.

I found just what I needed—a Steven King thriller.
It promised to be a guaranteed bone-chiller.
I curled up on the couch with much anticipation,
I was set to enjoy my own imagination.

I listened for awhile, but my mind began to roam.
The voice in my ears became a dull drone.
My hands felt empty and my disappointment grew--
I missed the feel of paper, and I suddenly knew….

I love the voices in my mind and the pictures in my head,
That I conjure from the written words in “real” books that I’ve read.
Audiobooks have a place in life, but they’re not for me, I fear.
I prefer the voices in my head to voices in my ear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home